Deborah Berke Partners’ plan will turn an old and disused mental hospital designed by H.H. Richardson into a boutique hotel and architecture center.
From AIA Dallas’s Columns, it’s up to architects to make cities healthier places.
WORK ON THE BOARDS
The 16-day government shut down last month might be partially to blame for this reduction in the growth rate, but future workloads for architects continue to look positive.
Civic and religious institutions make up half of this year’s AIA Kentucky design awards.
AIA-HANLEY WOOD INTEGRATED MEDIA PARTNERSHIP
Back issues of AIArchitect:
Most viewed content from the last issue:
INNOVATION FUND GRANT
The component will bring the gospel of architecture and design to towns and cities across the state, with the help of a vintage 1969 Globetrotter Airstream trailer.
Washington, Ill., tornado damage. Flikr photostream of State Farm.
A typhoon in the Philippines and tornadoes in the American Midwest have called on AIA members to offer the skills, expertise, and generosity that architects possess.
News and Resources
JOBS AND OPPORTUNITIES
Career Center |
Featured Jobs |
Hiring? View AIArchitect Featured Listing Rates
- RFQ: Charlotte Brownfield-Greyfield Redevelopment
- RFQ: Mount Holly, N.J., Township Public Schools School Architect
- Competition: Covering Installation and Design Awards
- Competition: Forever Home Open Source Building Design Challenge
AROUND THE PROFESSION
- ULI Report: Ten Principles for Building Healthy Places
- Council on Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat Names CCTV Headquarters in Beijing Best Tall Building Worldwide
- International Association of Lighting Designers Conference Call for Presentations Due Dec. 2
- AIAS Forum Conference Begins Dec. 30 in Chicago